What we are looking for
QA Engineer - Lima
Are you passionate about tech and looking to become part of a community rather than another company? If so, we are looking for you! Become a part of our team and enjoy a fun (relaxed), innovative and diverse environment where you can come as you are and grow with us.
At WebCreek we are ……. About technology, software development, UX/UI, web & mobile apps and more. Beyond tech we are dedicated to finding solutions to everyday problems through technology and digital transformation. We offer competitive salaries and the possibility to travel and work in any of our offices world-wide.
A QA Engineer at WebCreek sets and achieves high standards for quality assurance in all software projects. Working as part of the QA Department, this role designs and executes testing on all products to guarantee functionality and client satisfaction. QA Engineers report to the QA Manager, the Technical Lead, and the General Manager, and work closely with Project Leads on specific project tasks.
***Required: Native English Speaker
- Extensive experience in automation and manual testing
- Must be able to communicate with clients and attend client meetings with the purpose of assigning the appropriate resources to projects
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to in order to ensure the highest quality standards in QA testing.
- Must establish and improve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Dictating all aspects of quality assurance in the company and in projects
- establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Leading and mentoring of junior staff for the purpose of improving work and developing employees
Types of testing
Manual testing involves human run testing to be used when observation is required for the benefit of improving the user experience. Reviews functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables. This role performs the following task to complete manual testing:
- Performs backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs, and triggers
- Identifies test requirements from specifications, maps test case requirements and designs test coverage plan
- Documents and maintains functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts
- Writes test cases
- Reports status of test cases (pass or fail)
- Reports test cycle execution to the QA Lead
- Holds and facilitates test plans/case reviews with QA Lead
- Suggests test case candidates for automation to the QA Lead
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Creates bug reports that are understandable and reproducible by the Project Lead
- Executes exploratory testing, sanity testing, smoke testing, regression testing and integration testing on assigned projects
- Helps the Support Team to reproduce the bugs reported by the client and to create the corresponding bug reports
Automation Testing involves automated quality assurance testing aided by the use of scripts, tools, and software for high volume testing scenarios in which human observation is not a requirement. This role creates, executes and maintains all tools and automated scripts, and has the following additional functions:
- Coordinates with QA Team to transfer test cases for automation
- Programs, simulates and tests products
- Coordinates testing with regards to software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process
- Designs, engineers, tests and troubleshoots control systems
- Provides detailed documentation including design specifications that enable production or the application of their products
- Helps streamline operations for efficiency, cost saving, safety and reliability
- Maintains technical project files
- Implements and tests design concepts
- Publishes reports and documents the design details of new projects and qualification test results.
What you can expect
- A full-time position with a competitive salary
- Training and Coaching to enhance current skills or develop new ones.
- The opportunity to work for world-renowned clients
- Relaxed and innovative environment
- A chance to travel & work in any of our offices world-wide
- Inclusive & Diverse company culture